People will see it as Author Name with your public flash cards. A young lady. YourDictionary definition and usage example. Link to this page. MLA Style "Lady.
- “The author journalists read for their next scoop.” — Sunday Telegraph.
- The Motif Of Dancing in The English Lady Murderers' Society – Jim Williams BooksJim Williams Books?
- Mark Twain and Male Friendship: The Twichell, Howells, and Rogers Friendships.
- Federal Agent of English Lady!
- The Montgomery Bus Boycott: Milestone of the Civil Rights Movement.
- The Mothman Prophecies: A True Story?
- The Concept of Mind (60th Anniversary Edition).
In YourDictionary. Informal being an adult female: a lady barber.
An English Lady and her Garden… in Taormina
All rights reserved. A woman who is the head of a household: Is the lady of the house at home? A woman, especially when spoken of or to in a polite way: Ladies, may I show you to your table?
- An 'English' lady among the Welsh folk: Ruth Herbert Lewis and the Welsh Folk-Song Society (2004).
- Climate Systems: Interactive Forces of Global Warming.
- About the Community.
- Cashew Nut Shell Liquid: A Goldfield for Functional Materials.
- Characterization of Silicon Processing (Materials Characterization)?
Used as a form of address for a woman, often with sarcasm or irritation: Look, lady, I was ahead of you in line. A woman who is the object of romantic or chivalrous love: a knight serving his lady.
Informal A wife or girlfriend: a man kissing his lady at the airport. A general feminine title of nobility and other rank, specifically as the title for the wife or widow of a knight or baronet.
Professor Christine Gerrard | Faculty of English
Used as a form of address for a woman of high rank, especially for a marchioness, countess, viscountess, baroness, or baronetess. A woman of breeding or higher class , a woman of authority. The feminine of lord.
A title for someone married to a lord. A title for somebody married to a gentleman.
A title that can be used instead of the formal terms of marchioness , countess , viscountess , or baroness. Please direct this lady to the soft furnishings department. Choose your language. My word lists. Tell us about this example sentence:. This is a good example of how the word is used. The word in the example sentence does not match the entry word. The sentence contains offensive content. Cancel Submit. Your feedback will be reviewed. Your browser doesn't support HTML5 audio.
What is the definition of lady? Browse lading. Lady Bountiful. Lady Muck.
Test your vocabulary with our fun image quizzes. Image credits. Word of the Day pommel horse. Blog Weighed down or perking up?